LESSON 4: (PROGESSION MANAGEMENT)
When you will start your next EDT lesson 4, with your Approved Driver Instructor (ADI), you should already have achieved lesson 1st, 2nd, 3rd EDTs.
The 4th EDT lesson 4 is base speed & progression on public road. You should be confident with the follows aspects:
- Controlling speed(you should be able to adjust speed & road layouts);
- Watch your speed limit(don’t drive too fast);
- Stopping distance(stopping distance with different speed & load);
- Effects of road & weather conditions (speed, cornering, breaking distance);
- Driving too slow (you should able to keep up with traffic, progress)
The outcomes of the 4th lesson are: be able to explain the potential effects on driving too fast & braking too hard on:
- On your own safety;
- The safety of your(s) passenger(s);
- The safety of other road users;
- And on the environment;
At the end of 4th EDT lesson, log book will be stamped & your EDT lesson will be logged in the RSA Portal. As the EDT lesson 4th can be challenging & that you are struggling with lesson it; maybe more practice with an ADI, your sponsor, or both would be advisable. (The RSA are recommending 3 hours tuition between each EDT). If you need more help on EDT you can email me for further details on email@example.com.
((PS): if you have no car to practice or that you cannot have another driving lesson before your next EDT, maybe you should consider having your EDT lessons close from one to another, in order to pick up driving skills quickly.