Lesson 6 (ANTICIPATION & REACTION)
When you will start your lesson 6 (6TH EDT) with your Approved Driver Instructor (ADI), you should already have achieved lesson 1st, 2ND, 3RD, 4TH, 5TH EDTs.
The objectives of the 6th EDT are to know how to scan the environment for potential hazards, identify & respond promptly in the followings situations:
- Streets with parked vehicles;
- Streets with substantial numbers of pedestrians;
- Road with multiple warning signs;
- Road with poor visibility such as bends with tree cover or hill brows
- A road junctions, with blind spots, parked vehicle, crossings, roundabouts, motorcyclists & Cyclists, road work & pedestrians.
At the end of 6th EDT lesson, your log book will be stamped & your EDT lesson will be logged in the RSA Portal. As the EDT lesson 6th can be challenging & that you are struggling with lesson it; maybe more practice with an ADI, your sponsor, or both would be advisable. (The RSA are recommending 3 hours tuition between each EDT). If you need more help on EDT you can email me for further details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PS): if you have no car to practice or that you cannot have another driving lesson before your next EDT, maybe you should consider having your EDT lessons close from one to another, in order to pick up driving skills quickly.