When you will start your lesson 6 (6TH EDT) with your Approved Driver Instructor (ADI), you should already have achieved lesson 1st, 2ND, 3RD, 4TH, 5TH EDTs.
The objective of the 6th EDT are to know how to scan the environment for potential of hazards, identify & respond promptly in the followings situations:
– Streets with parked vehicle;
– Streets with substantial numbers of pedestrians;
– Road with multiple warning signs;
– Road with poor visibility such as bends with tree cover or hill brows
– A road junctions, with blind spots, parked vehicle, crossings, roundabouts, motorcyclists & Cyclists, road work & pedestrians.
At the end of the 6th EDT you should be able to choose correct speed & gears, keep a safe distance braking in good time during different weather conditions.
If you are struggling with lesson 6(EDT), maybe more practice with an ADI, your sponsor, or both would be advisable as the 6th EDT is very challenging (the RSA are recommending 3 hours tuition between each EDT).
If you need more help on EDT you can email me for further details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank for reading our blog.
Castletown School of Motoring
ADI number 35 371