EDT Lesson 7: (SHARING THE ROAD)
When you will start your lesson 7 (7th EDT) with your Approved Driver Instructor (ADI), you should already have achieved lessons 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th EDTs.
During the lesson, you should be able to drive in a variety of road conditions with junctions & street parked vehicles. The objectives of the 7th EDT are:
- You should be able to enter & cross junctions safely.
- You should be able to park safely on the road & comply with other road users.
- You should be able to overtake obstructions (parked & slow moving vehicles, cyclist & other road users) safely.
- You should know when & how give way to other road users including pedestrians.
- You should be able to deal with emergency vehicles
If you are struggling with lesson 7 (EDT), maybe more practice with an ADI, your sponsor, or both would be advisable as lesson 7 is very challenging (the RSA are recommending 3 hours tuition between each EDT).
At the end of 7th EDT lesson, log book will be stamped & your EDT lesson will be logged in the RSA Portal. As the EDT lesson 7th can be challenging & that you are struggling with lesson it; maybe more practice with an ADI, your sponsor, or both would be advisable. (The RSA are recommending 3 hours tuition between each EDT). If you need more help on EDT you can email me for further details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
((PS): if you have no car to practice or that you cannot have another driving lesson before your next EDT, maybe you should consider having your EDT lessons close from one to another, in order to pick up driving skills quickly.