Learner Permit

If you are holding a Learners Permit Holder, for your own safety & other roads user you must follow certain rules.

You cannot drive your vehicle on the public road alone, regardless of how long you have been driving and how many learner permits you have held. You must be accompanied by someone with a full licence with of 2 years minimum of the same category that you are driving. However there is a few exeptions:

  • Driving a work vehicle (eg, agricultural tractor or JCB), unless it has been adapted to carry a passenger, and the passenger holds a full driving licence for a work vehicle for a continuous period of 2 years.
  • Riding a motorcycle, if you obtained your first learner permit on or after the 6 December 2010 you need to carry a Certification of Satisfactory Completion with your permit in order to drive.

Before that you are starting your journey always make sure that the vehicle is road worthy.

  • ‘L’ plate must be display on the front and rear of the vehicle. The plate should consist of a red ‘L’ on a white background.
  • As a Learner Permit Holder you are not allow to drive on Motorway even if you possess a certificate of competence.
  • Regarding the categories of Learner Permit B, C1, C, D1, or D you are not allow to draw a trailer.
  • If you hold a Learner Permit of any Categories you cannot carried paying passengers or other sort of reward.

Remember that it is a serious offence to drive without a fully accompanied with a minimum of 2 years punishable of €80 & 2 points on your licence.

At Castletown School of Motoring, we provide EDTs lessons, regular driving lessons, pre-tests (car also available to hire for Driving Test), and motorway lessons for full licences only.

You can book your next lesson with Castletown School of Motoring on https://www.castletownsom.com/contact/ or mobile: 086 044 0157

Thank you for reading Castletown School of Motoring.

Castletown School of Motoring

ADI: 35 371