When you will start your next EDT lesson 4, with your Approved Driver Instructor (ADI), you should already have achieved lesson 1st, 2nd, 3rd EDTs.
The 4th EDT lesson 4 is base speed & progression on public road. You should be confident with the follows aspects:
- Controlling speed(you should be able to adjust speed & road layouts);
- Watch your speed limit(don’t drive too fast);
- Stopping distance(stopping distance with different speed & load);
- Effects of road & weather conditions (speed, cornering, breaking distance);
- Driving too slow (you should able to keep up with traffic, progress)
You also should be able to explain the potential effects on driving too fast & braking too hard on:
- On your own safety;
- The safety of your(s) passenger(s);
- The safety of other road users;
- And on the environment;
If you are struggling with lesson 4 (EDT), maybe more practice with an ADI, your sponsor, or both would be advisable as lesson 4 is very challenging (the RSA are recommending 3 hours tuition between each EDT).
If you need more help on EDT you can email me for further details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank for reading our blog.
Castletown School of Motoring
ADI number 35 371