When you will start your EDT lesson 5 with your Approved Driver Instructor (ADI), you should already have achieved lesson 1st , 2nd, 3rd, 4th EDTs.
You should cover the following topics in the 5th EDT:
- Position on the straight, in traffic lane;
- Cornering, ,turning right & left, negotiating bends & junctions;
- Changing lanes safely;
- Entering & exiting from a slip roads;
- Entering & exiting junctions & roundabouts;
- Reversing, parking, turn about & stopping safely.
- Correct position within traffic lanes.
When you are successful with the lesson 5 you should have learned:
- Consistently maintain a safe position on the road while keeping a safe braking distance;
- Make appropriate & safe use of the road sharing:
- And perform manoeuvers (parking, reversing & turnabout) in challenging situations.
If you are struggling with lesson 5(EDT), maybe more practice with an ADI, your sponsor, or both would be advisable as the 5th EDT is very challenging (the RSA are recommending 3 hours tuition between each EDT).
If you need more help on EDT you can email me for further details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank for reading our blog.
Castletown School of Motoring
ADI number 35 371