Kildare County Council is proposing to make changes to the road junction after the Liffey Bridge (R403), Celbridge, Co. Kildare. The Celbridge Liffey River Crossing will have a change to ease congestion. All traffic coming from English Row R403 and the Main Street R405 in Celbridge and crossing the Liffey Bridge will not be permitted to turn right onto the Ardclough Road L-1016 or turn right onto the Hazelhatch Road R405 anymore.
- All traffic intending to turn right after the Liffey Bridge will have to proceed along the Dublin Road R403 and turn right at the traffic lights onto the Shinkeen Road (Super Value traffic light). That will lead traffic back onto the Hazelhatch Road R405.
- Traffic travelling to Ardclough will have to proceed along the Hazelhatch Road, R403 and turn right at at Hazelhatch Park,driving through Callenders Mill & Simmonstown Manor leading to the Ardclough Road L-1016.
- Traffic exiting the Hazelhatch Road R403 at its junction with the Dublin Road will not be permitted to turn right onto the Dublin Road R405.
- Traffic will be diverted through the Shinkeen Road (Super Value Traffic Light).
- Vehicles exiting the Ardclough Road L-1016 will not be permitted to turn right onto the Dublin Road R403 or the Hazelhatch Road R405. Vehicles coming from Ardclough and travelling to Hazelhatch or the Dublin Road R405 will have to use the Simmonstown/Hazelhatch Park Road L-6057 and the Shinkeen Road. (Super Valu Traffic Light).
These new routes will be sign posted with additional directional signage. Drawings showing the proposed works may be inspected during normal opening hours from Tuesday, 20 October 2015 to Thursday, 19 November 2015 at the following locations:
So if you have an objection to the proposal you can put an objection in writing to the Kildare County Council as outlined on the KCC website, or this also can be done in group.
Latest date for receipt of such representations is 12 am on Friday 20 November 2015 to object.
Thank for reading Castletown School of Motoring
ADI: 35 371